Entry/Mid level Web Developer vacancy at DA Creative Studio
At Drunk Animal Creative Studio you will be working with a diverse range of clients, creating websites that are targeted across a wide range of industries.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of client websites. Responsibilities include liaising with clients and the wider Drunk Animal creative team to design and build websites from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
The Kind Of Person We’re Looking For
We’re on the look our for an unflappable, driven and creative web developer who thrives on working as part of a team, but who is also able to show laser-like focus on delivering project independently.
We want someone who lives and breathes websites, who is excited by creating new websites and who can talk to clients about their websites. (you can like other things too, it’s just that the website bit is kind of important).
We’re a busy agency with a highly creative team, so whoever joins us will need to enjoy working in a fast paced environment, exploring new and exciting projects and working under a certain degree of pressure.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best web development practices
- WordPress custom theme development (Ideally using ‘Underscores’ base theme)
- Knowledge of following WordPress plugins: Advanced Custom Fields, Custom Post Type UI
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them
- Dedicated team player
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
• Ideally 12 months+ agency or business experience however this is not essential. If you’ve spent the last few years sat at home creating amazing websites, that’ll be fine!
• The Web Designer will have a big desire to grow and train in this field. Like all roles at Drunk Animal, we encourage continual learning and progression.
• Be looking for a culture that is creative, fast paced and ambitious. We’re an agency that is going places, and we want you to come along for the ride.
• Must be driven, hard working and passionate about web design. If you don’t love what you do, why do it?
Advantageous Knowledge & Experience (Would be nice, but not required):
- BEM and mobile-first CSS methodology.
- node.js and NPM.
- Progressive Web App development.
- Digital Ocean server management.
- Hosting and DNS knowledge.
- Git / GitHub.
How To Apply
Please send you full CV and cover letter (or video if you’re feeling creative) explaining why you’re right for the role to email@example.com